JRH Products

long term food storage

i decided we needed some long term food storage items.
    "about time.. don't you think" should be an appropriate response by everyone on this site.

yes. we have an amount... but way too small... not near enough.

anyhow, back to decision.. we have ordered and bought from various sources.. big company out west.
    from jrh. and another survivalist type site. a religious group. an old farm couple that had a canner helped us one time.
    --
    so, i got on internet to check a place. they had a large variety listed and reasonable prices... i didn't click on all but on every item i clicked on carrots, rice, beans, sugar, and ?10? others... "out of stock" usually in great big letters... once in small letters..
    this is a multi state source... an -0- stock for sale!!
    looks like some other folks have got the idea..

when corona first hit, i called a close associate who lives a long way off. we discussed them moving family here. great idea. but several serious reasons it was not the thing to do. so i suggested family aquire some long term storage food quickly and improve their stash of tools. their living quarters are small and they left tools with us when they moved... dumb idea. but it's what happened.
    associate was able to find tools. average cost
    but found tools.
    associate could not find any storage food that he could go and pick up. none... (besides the grocery stores) and that supply was dwindling.
    this in a great big ole city.

ld3, do any of your suppliers have a ready supply?

i'll go look at your website.

this does not give a good indication for stability of a country and it's population.

Administrator
    This too shall pass and suppliers will have long-term storage food in stock again. I haven't checked at the surplus store near here but I will next time I'm out.

As soon as people forget about this brush with the Chinese virus, those that panicked and bought a mountain of Mountain House will be looking to unload it. If we get another wave, and I think we will as soon as people get lax and get close, then we will have to wait for the suppliers to catch up.

But, looks like there will be some killer deals on rental cars from companies that go belly up. Be some good deals on cruise liners, too.

i'm going to improve our food larder. if you see mt. house stuff for sale, holler.

a cruise liner!
    gordon, i'm a horrible mechanic... but i took a coast guard course one time... i might could drive that thing... i learned "red on the right returning" lines, cleats, sterns and port, etc. and other fancy terms. ... could you handle the mechanicals? my wife's a good cook! we'd need a doctor. you know any medical folks that could work for cheap?

an associate was a navy captain... he described the size of the cylinders in one of his boats... not a destroyer or air craft carrier... something smaller... the dimensions that i remember are so huge, yall would think i was lying. so, maybe someone on here is ex navy... and could give us some numbers.

See the email I sent yesterday with Mt. House availability- the 3 items currently showing any availability.
    Last edited by Lowdown3; 05-26-2020 at 09:52 AM. Reason: spelling

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    See the email I sent yesterday with Mt. House availability- the 3 items currently showing any availability.
    If you see anyone having the small pouches of FD vegetables, let me know. I need some for the MH!

Sitting here taking a lunch break and catching up on the news. While eating a bowl of rice that was put up 11 years ago. Got other stuff in the cupboard but knowing I have more of this rice and a few other things sure makes it taste even better. Thanks for the tutorials so many years ago Rob.