JRH Products
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriotic Sheepdog View Post
    Just a thought...we have all been living at our AO for a while or in my case living and visiting my secondary AO in TN for a while. We have **** connections with neighbors and know who is a probable ally, who is an ally and who would likely be on the fence or a threat (if any). We have gotten to know our AO topography and roadways, natural shelter areas, growing conditions, and sources for income, sources for heat and cooling and sources for hunting. We have reconnoitered and know where choke holds would be for ambushes, we know the area for a hasty retreat, we know multiple escape routes for a Get Out of Dodge moment, may even have caches in the area for fall back plans. We know which stores to trust, which doctors to go to, which mechanic to see, which HVAC company that is honest, etc.

Do we want to be making plans for moving at this time? I guess if you are young this may be a plan. However, if you are over a certain age (you decide what that is) do you have the time and energy to find a place, settle in, find the doctors/hospitals, hardware stores, plumbers, and set everything you need on your new homestead up. What is the rainfall like? Do you have a lake nearby for emergency water and fishing? You would need to learn the growing seasons, hunting may be different (mountains vs flatlands). Where to fish, where to grow, where, what and when on everything in life. What is the political climate going to be in 1 year, 5 years, 20 years in your old area vs the new area? Have you looked into the growth in the new location. How far has the city expanded in the last 10 years, or 20years? What is the demographic of the newcomers to your new city/county/state and will it be the same red or blue in a few years as it is now?

I guess what I am saying, it is easy to want to "run away" from something and if you live in a big city you may need to. The reality of going to a new area is challenging and will not be an easy task. How long has it taken you to build the intel you have and the AO you have today. Do you, or should I say will you, have enough time to get things set up before all of the SHTF?

Just points to ponder.....

Debbie downer over in this module....
    Did we give up when the nazi's bombed pearl harbor??????
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not trying to be a debbie downer, just realistic I guess. We are talking where and why we like it somewhere, but I know for myself it would be a huge undertaking to pick up and just move. Low taxes, conservative, land, fresh water, away from big city is what we all want, and feel it is "safer" there. However, when you find utopia, it may be changing and you don't know it. In five years it could be full of progressives trying to escape from their big city where the taxes and idiots are destroying it. You have to do your homework and be willing to do the hard work of establishing yourself and family all over again. For me, I started my secondary home 15 years ago. I know the people, and the area. It would not be hard for me to load up my vehicles and drive up there and be able to survive. For me to find and move to a brand new area, in this rapidly declining time, would be really hard to do at this point in my life...YMMV
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

What PSD said is definitely true.

We've owned our property for 24 years, lived here for 20 and we still "ain't from 'roun here."

The last thing anyone should plan for is a last minute move. Definitely anything you can do to plan ahead is good.

More and more I think we can see the real possibility of Amerika getting split up in our life times, especially if your under 50.

See if you can find the book "Civil War II" written in the 90s. It's probably banned by now but it's a non biased look at Amerika through the lens of Yugoslavia type breakup along racial and ethnic lines.

I don't think any future chaos will be as clear cut as he thinks it will be in that book however.

Far fetched? Maybe. But maybe this other Book was also- "Kingdom shall rise against kingdom and nation against nation..." I.e, countries and people groups.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Quote Originally Posted by protus View Post
    Debbie downer over in this module....
    Did we give up when the nazi's bombed pearl harbor??????
    I read that quote twice before I realized where it came from

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    I read that quote twice before I realized where it came from
    Darnit!! It sounds familiar to me too now that you say that!!!

Dawn of the Deb maybe?

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."