JRH Products

Getting ready for phase 2

When the panic hit several weeks ago, I started taking mental notes of what items disappeared from the grocery shelves, mail order or feed stores. Most of these products have slowly come back, some have not. Here are some of the items that I saw. Feel free to add to this list.

Paper products: TP, paper towels, napkins.
    Canned goods: soups, spam, tuna fish
    Bottled water
    Peanut butter
    Cereal
    Bread
    Staples : flour, sugar, corn meal
    Dish soap (my local Ingle’s still doesn’t have any)
    Pet food
    Animal feed
    Fresh meats
    Long-term storage foods
    Alcohol (isopropyl)
    Gloves: the medical type
    Masks: N95 or cotton style

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Good post Bill.

My Publix still has "only one per customer" on many products. These items are still low compared to pre-COVID.

I would take heed to Bill's post and try and gather items you may be low in.
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Bleach was the latest hit.

We usually keep 5 or so gallons around the house. We added a few in February. No one seemed to be touching the bleach area for months. Most probably didn't realize all it's uses.

So pressure washing a bunch of area lately we used a bunch of the bleach. And of course now Walmart is out of the straight bleach. Some of the "easy pour" and smelly crap but no straight bleach. And "limit 1 per customer" signs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Blog Entries
    I know you probably know this LD3, but for others...bleach at pool store...they never got low at my pinch-a-penny
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    Bleach was the latest hit.

We usually keep 5 or so gallons around the house. We added a few in February. No one seemed to be touching the bleach area for months. Most probably didn't realize all it's uses.

So pressure washing a bunch of area lately we used a bunch of the bleach. And of course now Walmart is out of the straight bleach. Some of the "easy pour" and smelly crap but no straight bleach. And "limit 1 per customer" signs.
    Clorox gallons yes, Publix gallons no. I picked up a couple half-gallon bottles but I still have bleach in the garage, the laundry closet, and a few Pinch-a-Penny jugs full from before we switched to a salt system. The things that are out of stock make you wonder - like toilet paper, which is still a buy-one limit. How much do people really need??? I don't know but I generally keep 50-75 rolls on hand all the time.

I bought more peanut butter today (it was a BOGO) and tomorrow I need to go to Walmart to get the kind that I like. Paper towels are my next stock-up item. I wonder how many stores I'll have to hit to get past the limit issue. Medical gloves are in short supply and haven't been able to stock up on those, but I'll check the RV supplies area - sometimes they have boxes of them there. Harbor Freight carries nitrile disposable gloves for about $8/100, when they have them in stock.

I just checked a couple of auto parts stores for gloves. My local Autozone has nitril disposable gloves in-stock. RockAuto is out.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    I just checked a couple of auto parts stores for gloves. My local Autozone has nitril disposable gloves in-stock. RockAuto is out.
    Walmart has them sometimes, along with rubbing alcohol. It just depends on what day it is. I have an almost-full box of 100 gloves and will try to get one more. I hadn't thought about AutoZone but there's one just a couple of miles from here.

Blog Entries
    My HF had the nitrile gloves in stock, but low supply. Limit 2 per customer, so i picked up two....also picked up a couple rolls of shop towels while I was there....

NO 10-289!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    I was able to find some XS nitrile gloves, so now we'll have a couple of boxes. That should last us for a long time.