JRH Products

Check Zeros, clean and lubricate

Getting down to the fun times.

If your not an active user of your equipment, be sure to get out ASAP and at the very, very least check your zero on any/all "sporting" rifles you have.

Get some practice time in.

Optics move, get knocked around, check your zeros on each and confirm. Check mounts, tighten and loc tite as need be.

Then go home, clean and thoroughly lubricate your weapons. Load all magazines with 29 rounds if they are for the Mattel series of toys, 29 if they are of the Circle 10 variety for the Kalashnikov or a full 30 for any military metal magazines you have for the Kalashnikov.

Have any magazines that give you a "snag" every so often? Put them in the round file right now- 86 them. Your life could depend on it. If it's anything like I've seen some "preppers" clear jams and/or change magazines at classes, the time involved could get you killed.... Seriously!

Check gear if "it's been a while" for you.

How about looking at your approaches?

Finally, go out sometime soon and have a good time- eat, drink and be merry. If we are in for a load of ****take the next few months at least you will remember the little break you had right before.

Breathe..... Four deep breathes, clear your psyche ready your body.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    great advice...I would add, check all BOK, and IFAK...practice placing a TQ on yourself, then do it in the dark. Just like your weapon which you can manipulate in the dark, same should be said for TQ
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    Getting down to the fun times.

If your not an active user of your equipment, be sure to get out ASAP and at the very, very least check your zero on any/all "sporting" rifles you have.

Get some practice time in.

Optics move, get knocked around, check your zeros on each and confirm. Check mounts, tighten and loc tite as need be.

Then go home, clean and thoroughly lubricate your weapons. Load all magazines with 29 rounds if they are for the Mattel series of toys, 29 if they are of the Circle 10 variety for the Kalashnikov or a full 30 for any military metal magazines you have for the Kalashnikov.

Have any magazines that give you a "snag" every so often? Put them in the round file right now- 86 them. Your life could depend on it. If it's anything like I've seen some "preppers" clear jams and/or change magazines at classes, the time involved could get you killed.... Seriously!

Check gear if "it's been a while" for you.

How about looking at your approaches?

Finally, go out sometime soon and have a good time- eat, drink and be merry. If we are in for a load of ****take the next few months at least you will remember the little break you had right before.

Breathe..... Four deep breathes, clear your psyche ready your body.
    As I loaded mags, I checked each one to make sure it would load. Everything is cleaned and lubricated. Now to head off to the range.

Blog Entries
    Last day at the range was getting the females used to the mattel15 ...and shooting the compact pistols. The wife unit actually went and purchased her " own" when all this started.

Cleaning rod in your gear...i know my peasant stick has one already...but while pull throughs are great...stuck cases are not.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

It's been impossible to find ammo in the stores around here... Fortunately, I've been stocking up for years. I took the wife to the range last weekend, had her practice with the hand guns, rifle, and shotgun. She's known we had guns in the house for many years now, but was never much interested in them. After seeing all the riots and unrest in the nation, I mentioned a while back that I thought she should learn how to handle them. I was a little surprised when she readily agreed to that idea!!

The last few days, she's been proudly showing everyone her souvenir black & blue mark on her shoulder, from shooting the Mossberg 500 12 gauge... (Yes, she had it firmly planted when she shot it, but still got some marks..)

I have many friends whining about finding ammo or cost but I listened to LD when he preached his ammo sermon and I'm ok.
    Thank you LD3