JRH Products

Thread: shortages.

shortages.

so many parts are in short supply.
    two examples from the camper/rv industry.
    1. certain nuts that hold the steering together can't be located by one of nations best factories.
    they built the camper, and had to set a number of them aside, waiting for these nuts.
    2. very large high end furniture manufacturer closes factory. because of just in time delivery practice, there is no warehouse full of chairs and sofas available for rv manufacturers to use in coaches... a good side of this is that some small companies are losing the big dog competitor and they are ramping up as fast as they can.

but, it looks like we will be having more shortages... in food isle at grocery store, auto parts, seeds, tools... i guess a lot of this stuff is problem with letting china having too much sway..

guess i'm going shopping in the next few days... stocking up on some fan belts and filters wouldn't be a bad idea...

So right RR. Each week I look at the grocery ads in my little town. No sales on canned goods. In the stores, not much in-stock. Ms. Foster likes a specific soup. Wally had two, Ingles had two. No chicken noodle for me. Many empty spots. I was listening to a podcast a few weeks ago. Someone from the food industry stated that the can liners are done in China. Slow shipping from there. He also said that little things like the plastic tops for ketchup bottles, etc come from China as well and the US producers aren’t getting constant shipments. However, the one gallon dried bags of soup were in stock, as were the small pouches of tuna. BTW, Wally has their own brand of tuna pouches that has a longer shelf life. Good stuff. I tried the single serving pouch of Starkist Chicken Creations. Not good. A friend suggested purchasing glass jars of products where possible. The jars can be cleaned and re used by-vacuuming the air out. Good for dried goods like pasta, beans, etc.

Administrator
    Filled all the gas cans
    Bought the jumbo packs of tp and paper towels
    Ammo overstocked
    Going to load up on some meat later this week
    Pantry: Canned goods ready to fall off the shelves
    Lots of water, propane
    Winter garden coming along nicely
    Every time I use anything, I buy a replacement

Pulled out my heavier knee brace. I may need it.

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    had a patient, who works for Pepsi as a delivery guy, said that due to aluminum shortage Pepsi has had to shut down production of at least 6 flavors, and he expects more to shut down in the near future.

So as we see packaging products disappear, we will see less in the stores....aluminum, steel, wood, plastics, etc.
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Grocery stores?
    Don't go there very much anymore.
    Been finding price and availability from Amazon Prime Pantry.
    Gas is cheap but it still costs me some to drive to the store.
    I buy flats or such of whatever I buy at amazon prime pantry
    Looking at the sales and cost leaders at the grocery special emails I get, I am paying less at amazon and shipping is free.
    Amazon is what it is but I'm taking advantage of the least cost options.

Administrator
    Ordered/received ginormous packs of paper towels and tp
    Went shopping and stocked up on meat
    House is bursting at the seams...
    Gas cans are all full and so are the car, truck, and motorhome
    Going to clean firearms tomorrow

What else?

Take a breather and enjoy your favorite movie ..again.
    :-)

Administrator
    Oh, that sounds great...but I hate movies! Maybe a day of HGTV.....but I hate Biden campaign ads

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!