JRH Products

Oh the humanity!! "Survivalist compound"

https://kdvr.com/news/local/colorado...ction-turmoil/

Watch the video.... Typical "prepper" stuff. Uncle Mikes sack holster = I never actually train with this pistol.

Toilet paper not packed away in totes but in deep storage = I haven't done this long enough to know better

"Military style fortified compound"- LMAO. Plywood construction? Ahhhh big no there bubba.

And old guy kneeling by his OPEN RAILING taking about how that's cover and he will 'slaughter' people coming a mile away = total dunskies.

To those folks, one word- STOP. As in "stop what'cha doing cause you about to ruin" to paraphrase Humpty and Si Robinson.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Wonder what's in the ammo cans labeled "7.62mm Blank" ? Maybe even blanks. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by prc-104 View Post
    Wonder what's in the ammo cans labeled "7.62mm Blank" ? Maybe even blanks. LOL
    That brings up a good point- overstocking and under thinking.

Blanks, should you have them any where near live rounds?

We have some blanks that we have used in times past for FOF classes and various needs similar to that. They are NOT in ammo cans. They aren't even kept at the house or in deep storage. They are kept in a plastic sack in a tote marked FOF with other FOF related equipment at our range (UTM ammo and bolts, PPE for FOF, etc.)

Why?

Cause people do stupid stuff under stress.

Could someone stuff blanks into mags thinking they are "helping" under stress later? It's possible. Never rule out any stupidity, just plain AROUND IT- i.e, do your best to avoid it.

Hell I was reluctant to get any AKs in 5.45 for years because of the thought that myself or my family would accidentally grab a wrong magazine under stress. Even after buying a few 74s and the family all training with them for a while also, I keep the 74 mags out of gear and away from normal stacks of X39 magazines.

You have to streamline things like this. That only comes from 1. Experience and 2. Trying to think through what COULD go wrong on a minute level.

At first glance with that video, these folks got a lot of streamlining to do.

my thought went down a little different trail... i'm guessing that most members don't know each other... so, in a threat situation.. folks that aren't used to each other head to the retreat and get to determine who is the boss ? who is the cook? the gardener? the patrol leader? who is the "stay behind" etc..

Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    my thought went down a little different trail... i'm guessing that most members don't know each other... so, in a threat situation.. folks that aren't used to each other head to the retreat and get to determine who is the boss ? who is the cook? the gardener? the patrol leader? who is the "stay behind" etc..
    Yes. And this after "paying $1000. to $20,000. a year" for the house in the woods.

Hard enough to get actual people you actually know, screen and somewhat vet that actually prepare and train together to get along over the long term.

That situation will be a total cluster.

Dude better hope his Uncle Mikes sack holster isn't fastened.

But,,,,but,,,But,,,,,,It's an UNCLE MIKE'S?
    <Big Grin>

i used to ask folks the greek question... bottom line of that story is would you put yourself at risk and in danger to rescue your wife/daughter/ etc.. from a fire? i asked the question of a lot of folks.. the great majority took a long time to think about it. here was my bottom line... if they are going to take a long time to think about saving their wife, what if the one in danger was my wife, i could be pretty sure they would not do so to save my wife...

in the movie red dawn... near the end one guys says something like.... i'll stay behind so y'all can escape. give me the saw......

apply these questions to the folks who bought into this club.