JRH Products
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Frugals for sale?

    Caught a whisper that Frugals Forums is up for sale... Is the Apocolypse near? That use to be one of the premier websites for survivalists, but lost its shine over the years... I wonder what his price is ?

    Regards,
    Templar

  2. #2

  3. #3
    i don't post there any more, but can still read most of it...
    --
    found the post....by john.
    yes. the site is for sale... john does not quote a selling price..
    just email him with your FS handle and what you will pay within 30 days.

    if he does not sell it, he will be closing the site at the end of 30 days.

    i found the ad in "patriot discussion and alerts"

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    i don't post there any more, but can still read most of it...
    --
    found the post....by john.
    yes. the site is for sale... john does not quote a selling price..
    just email him with your FS handle and what you will pay within 30 days.

    if he does not sell it, he will be closing the site at the end of 30 days.

    i found the ad in "patriot discussion and alerts"
    Can you cut and paste what he wrote here, maybe someone will be interested in it that views the site here.

    I haven't been on there in years so I haven't seen this.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


    "Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

  5. #5
    from FS website..
    ----------------
    Frugal’s Forum is For Sale



    It’s been a long few years of health problems for me. A couple of heart attacks and four surgeries have limited what I’ve been able to do in life. It seems like I’ve stabilized and am now on the mend. I’m able to do much more now than I have for a long time. And I am enjoying life once again not just surviving.

    My animals are doing well and I do chores almost every day. I have as much help as I need, and have through this whole trial, and that has been amazing.

    However, I’ll never be able to dedicate the time and energy needed to ‘oversee’ Frugals again. What time and energy I have left needs to be focused here, on my homestead and in my church. It’s necessary and appropriate.

    So, Frugal's Forum is for sale.

    If you are interested in purchasing the forum please contact me via email along with your handle from Frugals. If I’m not able to sell the forum I will be closing it down within 30 days.

    To my many friends—thank you so much for all the years we’ve been together on the forum. I’ve been fortunate enough to meet people from all over the country through Frugals. I’ve stayed in many of your homes. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart! I hope to meet you all again one day in Heaven.

    May the Lord richly bless all of you in your future endeavors.

    — John

  6. #6
    hmm.
    i wonder if there are other factors that are influencing his decision???

    some folks would find it neat to own a website... but i suspect it is expensive... in time and dollars.

    john used to have a gun shop... he sold a lot of guns to folks... but something caused him to close that shop??

    since he's threatening to close it... i suspect he hurt his prospects for getting a big bid.?

    if i was interested in buying it (i'm not!) reading the threat to close would cause me to lower my offer.

    i have no idea what websites go for... i guess someone could use the site to assist their sales... of related products.
    if i were considering it.... and i had stuff to sell, my offer would be lowwww...
    yes, you would have access to more customers, but cost of operation would be high...
    i'm rambling on about something i know nothing about... apologies.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    hmm.
    i wonder if there are other factors that are influencing his decision???

    some folks would find it neat to own a website... but i suspect it is expensive... in time and dollars.

    john used to have a gun shop... he sold a lot of guns to folks... but something caused him to close that shop??

    since he's threatening to close it... i suspect he hurt his prospects for getting a big bid.?

    if i was interested in buying it (i'm not!) reading the threat to close would cause me to lower my offer.

    i have no idea what websites go for... i guess someone could use the site to assist their sales... of related products.
    if i were considering it.... and i had stuff to sell, my offer would be lowwww...
    yes, you would have access to more customers, but cost of operation would be high...
    i'm rambling on about something i know nothing about... apologies.
    Unfortunately in business "good will" isn't something you are taught in B skewl to value when doing a valuation of a business. I would say that however the opposite is also true.

    And in the age of the internet, one or two bad things can stick with a business or website for a really, really long time.

    The fiasco with the Argentina guy who's name (used to?) come out in ****** here (one of just 3 that would) that was not handled well caused Frugal's a ton of bad publicity which continues to this day. It was clear the kid was a trouble maker early on and he showed his cards on a post on the moderator forum there showing that he was anti-semitic - something that John was never cool with. The kid showed his hand there and should have been axed at that point, but him and John had a couple of other cross words and the kid used it to make it into something it wasn't. Then John did not deal with the problem and let it fester unfortunately. To this day on various sites people state stupid crap relating to that- all the BS that the arg kid was allowed to propagate when it should have been nixed right away.

    Basically that was a big deal that could have easily been nothing if proactive action had been taken early.

    Couple that with one or two "admins" that John appointed that were not good for the site. One regularly went off the rails and had some serious ego issues as well as mental problems that would later prove out to be a real problem. My family drove up north to help him "move his business" and saw a lot during that little interaction... Come to find out later that one of John's crew had loaned the guy some money to move and upgrade his business. All I can figure is the guy thought I was "sent" up to help him in order to keep an eye on what was going on. It fit with the paranoia and weird stuff we dealt with from him that day and later. It was clear to anyone that the guy was horrible in business, horrible... and yet they gave him money- and of course they got screwed!! Hell I was just driving up to help a friend of a friend- no good deed goes unpunished right??? I heard about the loan that was unpaid later and I put together that must have been why the guy acted so damn nutty to us. The nutty guy went off the rails as an admin a time or six, which also did not help the site's reputation at all.

    Couple the bad blood with the fact that most survival related sites have been dead the last couple years, and it would be tough to "sell" a website now a days.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


    "Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

  8. #8
    here's a tale with no names...
    sorry, the tale got too long... i had trouble keeping up with all the characters.... and not a real positive story... had to edit and delete...
    so here's the bottom line of the story. the moral.

    keep your reputation up as best you can... you never know when someone will start checking the back story.
    someone being able to confirm your story, may get you back into the heated room on a cold night and a table piled with food.
    or maybe the homeowner will have no spare food and no extra bedrooms... maybe you only get handed a dented can of dinty moore and told where to find the creek that flows through the cattle operation.

    if things get crazy in this ole world, best to have all the friends/help available. that you trust and that trust you.

  9. #9
    Wow! Frugal Squirrel! I hadn't heard that name in years. A long long time ago I was a member of that forum and it was great then there was some big broo haha about Catholics or something like that and I just quit going there.

    I'm not Catholic but remember thinking that the whole thing was kinda nutty.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Benn Gleck View Post
    Wow! Frugal Squirrel! I hadn't heard that name in years. A long long time ago I was a member of that forum and it was great then there was some big broo haha about Catholics or something like that and I just quit going there.

    I'm not Catholic but remember thinking that the whole thing was kinda nutty.
    That's exactly the fer nany do thing I was mentioning in my earlier post about the bad blood that started that could have easily been nipped in the bud. They let a spoiled kid run with a bunch of lies and it caused and continues to cause bad publicity for the site.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


    "Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •