JRH Products

Thread: gasoline prices

gasoline prices

i help an ole boy at his place on occasion..
    today, as before, i met the gas company truck when they filled up his tank and paid them...
    i know the driver...

driver is filling out the invoice... it was hard for me to hear (over the diesel engine running in the big tanker truck)
    he questioned the person on the line about the cost...

then got off the phone and apologized saying..."they've raised the price again... more today than yesterday" i should have asked what yesterday's price was but i didin't ..
    price today for non ethanol regular was 2.69 delivered.

i proposed that gas prices should be going down... he said that would be good if... but.. texas refineries shut down last week from the storm... and that reduction in supply has not hit the distributors yet...

so.. prices are up, but with storm and covid and crookedness and keystone, well this prognosticator says
    go fill up your tank soon and keep it full. prices are going up some more. and if you have a 5 gallon red bucket, or a 30 gallon marine portable tank, or a 50 gallon drum, or 500 gallon tank or a x,000 gallon tank. this might be a good time to top it off!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    i help an ole boy at his place on occasion..
    today, as before, i met the gas company truck when they filled up his tank and paid them...
    i know the driver...

driver is filling out the invoice... it was hard for me to hear (over the diesel engine running in the big tanker truck)
    he questioned the person on the line about the cost...

then got off the phone and apologized saying..."they've raised the price again... more today than yesterday" i should have asked what yesterday's price was but i didin't ..
    price today for non ethanol regular was 2.69 delivered.

i proposed that gas prices should be going down... he said that would be good if... but.. texas refineries shut down last week from the storm... and that reduction in supply has not hit the distributors yet...

so.. prices are up, but with storm and covid and crookedness and keystone, well this prognosticator says
    go fill up your tank soon and keep it full. prices are going up some more. and if you have a 5 gallon red bucket, or a 30 gallon marine portable tank, or a 50 gallon drum, or 500 gallon tank or a x,000 gallon tank. this might be a good time to top it off!
    Prices here are up about $.50/gallon. Crookedness and Keystone XL are going to be the main drivers. Until we get some sanity in the WH, it's only going to get worse. We were discussing all of this again today. Between the vehicles and the gas cans, we have close to 150 gallons but that will only last so long if we need to run the gensets. We need to get the MH propane and gas tanks filled, and we need an extra propane tank for the grill, plus some more Coleman fuel for the cookstoves just in case.

Gas and gensets.
    Propane never goes bad.
    U.S. Carb has very nice carb conversions for gensets, Even the small inverter gensets.
    Doesn't mess with actual carburetor. Works with the air inlet.
    Best part is you can select gasoline or propane.
    Propane CON is you can't pour propane into a bucket and carry it home like gas BUT it never goes bad on you.
    Best part with their kits is you have TWO choices of fuel instead of just one.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by prc-104 View Post
    Gas and gensets.
    Propane never goes bad.
    U.S. Carb has very nice carb conversions for gensets, Even the small inverter gensets.
    Propane CON is you can't pour propane into a bucket and carry it home like gas BUT it never goes bad on you.
    That's something we had talked about before but never did anything about it. I'll do some research on it - thank you!

We trained up in Ohio this weekend- $2.90 a gallon... Ohio has some crazy high state gas tax which doesn't help. The "rust belt" is going to keep up rusting with high gas taxes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    January diesel in central FL was $2.29/gal....now $2.89/gal
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriotic Sheepdog View Post
    January diesel in central FL was $2.29/gal....now $2.89/gal
    Friday gasoline price was $2.47; today it's $2.69. Price rising by leaps and bounds!

Quote Originally Posted by prc-104 View Post
    Gas and gensets.
    Propane never goes bad.
    Thanks for the heads-up on U.S. Carb. I'm going to look into propane (and propane accessories) for my gensets.

Administrator
    Regular gasoline today in NE FL: $2.85, up $.16 in 3 days