JRH Products
    Administrator

Secure Storage - Need Suggestions

Our new motorhome is so nice but...it's much smaller and doesn't have a glove box or center console. There's nowhere to even put the insurance card and registration. I need a lockable container of some kind to put my valuables, carry piece, etc. when they need to be left inside. It also needs to NOT call attention to itself. It looks like the previous owner had "something" attached to the wall next to the passenger seat. Looking for any suggestions that would work.

Couple of ways;
    Got a clothes closet? Bolt a lockbox to the floor of the closet in the back of it where clothes will camo it and maybe toss a laundry bag or dirty underwear over it.

Above the fridge, many times the top of it will be 3 or 4 inches lower than the actual ceiling with a flush panel sealing the hole, peal it out, put velcro to keep it back in place and you can hide a pistol or money, etc in there in a plastic bag of course cause it's exposed to some outside weather.

For small valuables, mount a non-functional electrical outlet (dummy) box and outlet cover and you can hide small valuables in there.

If you have a dashboard, you can mount a gun magnet up under it and hang a glock there.

Oh, wall beside pax seat? Hang a 5 finger gun box there and leave it obvious. Let the crooks peal that off the wall and run.....with it being empty of course.

Just some thoughts.
    Last edited by prc-104; 03-28-2021 at 11:19 PM.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by prc-104 View Post
    Couple of ways;
    Got a clothes closet? Bolt a lockbox to the floor of the closet in the back of it where clothes will camo it and maybe toss a laundry bag or dirty underwear over it.

Above the fridge, many times the top of it will be 3 or 4 inches lower than the actual ceiling with a flush panel sealing the hole, peal it out, put velcro to keep it back in place and you can hide a pistol or money, etc in there in a plastic bag of course cause it's exposed to some outside weather.

For small valuables, mount a non-functional electrical outlet (dummy) box and outlet cover and you can hide small valuables in there.

If you have a dashboard, you can mount a gun magnet up under it and hang a glock there.

Oh, wall beside pax seat? Hang a 5 finger gun box there and leave it obvious. Let the crooks peal that off the wall and run.....with it being empty of course.

Just some thoughts.
    I bought a Liberty tethered pistol safe that should fit nicely between the engine wall and the speaker compartment on the passenger side. I'll put a beach bag full of beach towels and "stuff" next to it. I'll pick up a zippered poly pouch and use some Alien Tape to affix it to the wall for the insurance and registration. A 5-finger locking cash box (cheapo model) might go next to the wall as well, just for a diversion.

No room on top of the fridge - it's a cabinet. There is a cubby next to the bed, but it's only accessible when the slide is out, which it will be when we're camping. My husband isn't likely to want to mount anything in the wall - at least until the "new" wears off The purse will stay home and I'll just take my wallet and keys.

Cool beans
    I forgot to mention that a motion activated alarm (loud) is very nice as well.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by prc-104 View Post
    Cool beans
    I forgot to mention that a motion activated alarm (loud) is very nice as well.
    You and my husband are of the same mind - he wants to put in an alarm system. I agree. I'd like something that would hook up to our phones in case we're out and about.