JRH Products

short story -- maybe about bad milk

my bride was used to buying groceries at "harvey's" who closed their location and "food lion" showed up.
    so, she bought groceries at food lion... including a gallon of milk. which soured way before sell by date.
    --
    it cost 2 gallons of gas to go to store, but, i decided to let the store know they were selling bad milk.. and took the milk back...
    i went in my work clothes poor jeans and old t- shirt with american flag (poor appearance) . wearing an army boonie hat that was well worn.
    --
    i went to service desk with my gallon of spoiled milk and receipt...
    service desk sent me to cashier to get my refund... i waited in line for 2 prior customers.
    cashier had seen me go to service and be sent to her.
    she energetically advised me that she didnt' do refunds. and sent me to service desk.
    -
    the story gets long, but i was passed back and forth. i wondered around store looking for manager and told he was the guy in the brown shirt.
    i couldn't find him.
    folks would point in a direction and told "he went down that way"
    i began to notice that only one person was from my race and she was very busy at the service desk. she was not the person who sent me away from service.
    --
    i went back to original cashier and told her i would wait outside the door for someone to bring me my $$
    i had already told every customer my tale. one incoming customer told me just to poor the milk out on the floor!
    --
    the cashiers inside were all talking when they didn't have a customer and watching me.
    i don't know what they said to each other but they seemed to be happy.

every incoming customer was told the tale.
    finally a very large fellow came up dressed in a white coat. (like a doctor or meat cutter) i told him my tale and he was surprised as he had bought meat there and got an immediate refund when he returned his bad meat. i now realize i'm pretty sure i've seen the big fellow on tv ads for his medical profession.
    while he was with me the manager came out with a lady and my money. i was shocked. i asked why he hadn't helped me before. he denied we'd ever talked... liar..
    i told him when and where... he wasn't wearing a brown shirt either...
    --
    sorry for this long tale. and maybe it doesn't even need to be on this website... but,
    here's the question.
    did i get the poopy response because
    i had on an army boonie hat? or an american flag t shirt?
    or because i was poorly dressed?
    or because i was a different race?
    or they were just too financially strapped?

sign of the times?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    my bride was used to buying groceries at "harvey's" who closed their location and "food lion" showed up.
    so, she bought groceries at food lion... including a gallon of milk. which soured way before sell by date.
    --
    it cost 2 gallons of gas to go to store, but, i decided to let the store know they were selling bad milk.. and took the milk back...
    i went in my work clothes poor jeans and old t- shirt with american flag (poor appearance) . wearing an army boonie hat that was well worn.
    --
    i went to service desk with my gallon of spoiled milk and receipt...
    service desk sent me to cashier to get my refund... i waited in line for 2 prior customers.
    cashier had seen me go to service and be sent to her.
    she energetically advised me that she didnt' do refunds. and sent me to service desk.
    -
    the story gets long, but i was passed back and forth. i wondered around store looking for manager and told he was the guy in the brown shirt.
    i couldn't find him.
    folks would point in a direction and told "he went down that way"
    i began to notice that only one person was from my race and she was very busy at the service desk. she was not the person who sent me away from service.
    --
    i went back to original cashier and told her i would wait outside the door for someone to bring me my $$
    i had already told every customer my tale. one incoming customer told me just to poor the milk out on the floor!
    --
    the cashiers inside were all talking when they didn't have a customer and watching me.
    i don't know what they said to each other but they seemed to be happy.

every incoming customer was told the tale.
    finally a very large fellow came up dressed in a white coat. (like a doctor or meat cutter) i told him my tale and he was surprised as he had bought meat there and got an immediate refund when he returned his bad meat. i now realize i'm pretty sure i've seen the big fellow on tv ads for his medical profession.
    while he was with me the manager came out with a lady and my money. i was shocked. i asked why he hadn't helped me before. he denied we'd ever talked... liar..
    i told him when and where... he wasn't wearing a brown shirt either...
    --
    sorry for this long tale. and maybe it doesn't even need to be on this website... but,
    here's the question.
    did i get the poopy response because
    i had on an army boonie hat? or an american flag t shirt?
    or because i was poorly dressed?
    or because i was a different race?
    or they were just too financially strapped?

sign of the times?
    Maybe not about bad milk at all...

I think what your seeing is a general lazy as hell attitude about business that has pervaded our country for years now.

Can't tell you how many times when I've responded to emails usually within a few minutes of receiving them that I get a response like "wow that was a fast response! I asked the same question to that other night vision company a week ago and never got a reply..." and then I get the business and they don't.

On another forum specific to NV a poster made a post about his green phosphor tube PVS14 having problems. Now we are not the only ones selling NV there- total of 4 companies actually- but I sent the guy a private message asking him if the unit was from us and offering to help. This was done within minutes of him posting about the problem. He replied to the private message a day or so later telling me thank you for the reply but NO it's not a unit from you, appreciate the quick response anyway, etc."

So a few WEEKS later the head of The other Night Vision Company posted in the guy's thread about his problem touting how great their service is, how quick they respond, how they fix it in house, and all this marketing BS. Well that backfired on him cause the unit that had the bad tube came from HIM!!! So the original poster posts "well then how long does it take to get an RMA from you??" OUCH!!! About a month later the original poster followed up with a full breakdown on how long it took to get a response, to actually have it repaired and to get it back. So much for superior service, etc. huh?

People- and businesses- love to tell you how great they are versus SHOWING YOU how great they are. One is fluff, the second is substance. And you might not always find substance in the place that seems to be bigger, all knowledgeable, etc.

I wouldn't necessarily read too much anti amerikan theme or even anti white theme into what happened. It's more just lazy arse people in business and unfortunately it is EVERYWHERE now.

One of my friends that I do combatives with owns a ton of fast food places. He was talking about how these kids he hired wouldn't work, questioned why they did everything a certain way (order process), etc. As soon as he said "I tried to be the nice guy for the first couple days" I realized he was fooooked.... "Nice" = weak in today's society. He ended up firing most of them after telling them they were in for a helluva rough life because of their attitudes. Several parents came up there giving him crap for telling the kids that LMAO. I wished I could have been there for that, I would have said "excuse me, I'm trying to do business with this establishment, it's MY kind of place!"

FWIW, I didn't even know you could bring food back to the store!

May want to also put a thermometer in your fridge and check it for a few weeks. MIL's friend had an older fridge and was complaining that "stuff gets moldy in a few days" and MIL noticed nothing she put in there was cold from a day before.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."